Friday, October 23, 2009

Oink! Oink!



Although it's not official, I think our family got hit this week with the dreaded swine flu. Everyone but the eldest son has been struck, and thankfully it has not lived up to the hype, although the lingering cough and stuffy nose is a bit annoying. Those of you who know me well know that I am not a germaphobic person by nature. However, this week I have been armed with disinfecting wipes and my children do not even ask "Why?" when I order them to wash their hands for no reason in particular. They all know the drill!

I have been praying fiercely because we celebrate the eldest's birthday this weekend, and already one of his plans had to be changed so as not to bring unsuspecting friends into this House of Germs. Hopefully my prayers will be answered and he can celebrate on Sunday with his grandparents without having to hand out surgical masks as party favors!

Written by Mom

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you guys are sick, but the pictures are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of our number one son!

    Papa and Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, groan! Sorry to hear about the sickness! Looks like you're getting the hang of this blogging thing...ya'll are doing a GREAT job!

    Also, I changed my website address to make it a little easier to remember...it's wandas words

    wandaswords.uppercaseliving.net

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer! I hope you all are feeling better and the "bug" has left the house! Joe got sick last week and we were worried about what he had...but it was only a sinus infection. Thank heavens! I enjoy reading your posts! Keep up the good work everyone!

    ~Cousin Chrissy

    ReplyDelete